Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Barack Obama for President

'Tis political endorsement season. I wanted to make sure to get this up here today so that subsequent rants have context. It's pretty simple, really. To me it's simple. Barack Obama should be the next President of the United States.

I loved Bill Clinton. I wish he was still President. I'll be devastated if his wife wins the nom. Nothing against women, but definitely something against that woman. She's a carpetbagging phony who is pleased as punch to hold office based on her husband's legacy. The latter, that she's cool with living and serving in Bill's shadow, is why she's a horrible woman for the presidency.

I can't wait to have a woman President. I think that it's extraordinarily important to the country that we elect a woman to the White House. However, I don't think that electing a woman based on her husband's legacy (or good vibes or whatever people miss about Bill) is the way to go in breaking barriers. I'd argue the opposite - it further entrenches the American patriarchy.

Barack Obama has exhibited the kind of leadership and judgement a President should posess. His Presidency would make me proud of my country in a way I haven't been since...

So that's that. As Super Tuesday unfolds, I really hope my fellow Dems are of similar mind.

1 comment:

marybid said...

I'm of similar mind--that's for sure.

Can't wait to curl up with a pączki, watch the results, and keep my fingers crossed.