Friday, September 7, 2007

So this is kind of troubling...

This is entirely from memory:

We are The Bears, the shufflin' crew
Shufflin' on down, doin' it for you
We're so bad, we know we're good
Blowin' your mind like you knew we would

Walter Payton:
Well they call me "Sweetness" cause I like to dance
Runnin' the ball is like makin' romance
We've had the goal since training camp
to give Chicago a Super Bowl Champ
But we're not doin' this because we're greedy
The Bears are doin' it to feed the needy
We didn't come here lookin' for trouble
We just came here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle

Willie Gault:
This is Speedy Willie, and I'm world class
I like runnin', but I love to get the pass
I practice all day and dance all night
I gotta get ready for the Sunday fight
Now I'm as smooth as a chocolate swirl
I dance a little funky, so watch me, girl
There's no one here that does it like me
My Super Bowl Shuffle will set you free

Jim McMahon:
I'm the punky QB known as McMahon
When I take the field I've got no plan
I just throw my body all over the field
I can't dance, but I can throw the pill
I motivate the cats, I like to tease
I play so cool, I aim to please
That's why you all got here on the double
To catch me doing the Super Bowl Shuffle

Mike Singletary:
I'm Samurai Mike and I play it cool
They don't sneak by me 'cause I'm no fool
[unknown]
(actually, these lines might be for Mike Richardson)

Otis Wilson:
This is mama's boy, Otis. One of a kind.
The ladies all love me for my body and my mind

Richard Dent:
The Sack Man's coming. I'm your man Dent.
If the quarterback's slow, he's gonna get bent.

Mike Richardson:
This is L.A. Mike and...[see Singletary]

That's all I've got. Steve Fuller had a good line about doing it "for Mike and Papa Bear Halas" but I don't remember anything else from him.


Anyway, I was singing this song yesterday and I was shocked and a little dismayed at how many of the lyrics I knew. I know I used to listen to the single (45 rpm, baby!), but holy man! I wish I could get that info out of my head to make room for something useful.

No comments: